We are looking for a high-energy, driven professional with sound business acumen, strong technical aptitude and natural sales instincts to join our sales team as a Business Development Representative. You will be part of a 2 man sales team and 5 person company hunting new business within New York City and the broader tri-state region. Ideal candidates should be eager to build this ener.co® into the flourishing company is can become by demonstrating their ability to be tenacious self-starters every day. We offer a fast-paced, innovative environment where you will be provided the tools to sell a breakthrough HVAC efficiency retrofit.
You’ll be making personal connections with Facilities personnel, CFO’s and sustainability managers. Familiarity with the HVAC, AEC or Facilities industries will be helpful, but not strictly necessary. An ability to learn and communicate technical data concisely while staying focused on a strong message is the key. This is a full time position. Our office is located in Chelsea.
What’s in it for you
- The opportunity to generate new business opportunities to fuel our growth
- Research and build new and existing accounts (i.e. adding contacts, sending emails, strategic calling)
- Conduct high level conversations with senior executives in prospect accounts
- Achieve monthly quotas of qualified opportunities and closed business
- Meet potential customers in person as often as possible, if not then through phone and email with clear, concise and effective communications.
- Utilize current sales/marketing materials and help to shape them.
- Attend conferences, meetings, and events within the industry in the city and nationally.
- Create and communicate reports of the value we have created for existing customers and incentives for furthering the relationship
- 2-4 years of relevant sales experience
- Track all activity within Salesforce
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in order to effectively source information, obtain contacts, build relationships, and provide sufficient influence to achieve success.
- Creative problem solver and strategic thinker with a strong work ethic. Highly organized, able to prioritize and juggle many leads.
- Ability to work well in a small team
- Humor, happiness and flexibility appreciated
- Experience in the sustainability, HVAC, or facilities industries is a strong plus